Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Forgot

I've been saying that a lot lately, and I'm about to say it again.  I had another topic to post on tonight, but I completely forgot what I was going to say.  So instead you get this:  I just can't remember.

Maybe I should have more sympathy with my kids when they tell me:

I forgot I couldn't have my cell phone in my room.
I forgot that I wasn't supposed to delete my texts.
I forgot I wasn't supposed to call my friends using my cell phone instead of the home phone.
I forgot to do my chores.
What!?  It's not my fault...  (Oops, sorry, that's a different argument)
I forgot I wasn't supposed to hit my brother.
I forgot that my Book Report was due tomorrow.
I forgot to listen when you were talking to me.

Riiiiiiiight...... 

Well, you get the idea.

I have a very wise friend that once told me that after a certain age that you are entitled to forget things.  At that point you've worked so hard in life that no one can possibly expect you to remember everything.  You earn the right to forget.  You can just say "give me a break, I'm  (insert age here).  I pick 39.  That way, I can feel better about the fact the I forgot Matthew at the school last week...  (Sorry Matthew!)

Maybe I should forget how to get home next time I go on vacation... 

And guess what, now I've been rambling on so long here that I finally remembered what I was going to write in my next post.  YEAHHHH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment