Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Survivor: Last Week of School

My house smells like urine.  That is probably ranks up as my number two worst smell that happens in my house.  (I will leave number one to your imagination.) 

I usually have one or two - give or take rooms - that take on that particular funk, but today, my entire house smells.

I can't wait for school to be over.  Then I will be home in more that one or so hour stretches.  You know, long enough to get something done besides breakfastlunchdinnersnacktencupsperperson dishes and one - on a good day load of laundry.  Sadly that one load is usually NOT clean clothes for everyone.  It's the last week of school and a few of my kids haven't changed their clothes in a few days now.  At least they make it out the door! (On time if not very clean...)

SO.... in the past 24 hours
I've had a Primary Presidency meeting, canned ten jars of Salsa, been to a concert, made and delivered invitations, attended a groundbreaking ceremony, emailed and sold bricks for Booster Club, and I still need to:
Count money for the PTO.... and

I just got a call from Derek saying he was at the school to pick up the kids...  I can suddenly breathe... my list is much longer and every day is pretty much like that past 24 hours BUT I will be okay.

It's a good this you are on a team in Survivor!!  (Thank you Derek, that was a wonderful surprise...love you!)

PS.  Much thanks to where it is due.  Mom and Dad have been FABULOUS this week!!  I've needed about an hour of babysitting every day to make life more doable.  Dad has been awesome to the point that Bella is now requesting him to make her "soup" (top ramen) whether I need help or not.  Today, after she already played at their house for an hour, I was taking her back and I told her she was going to Grandpa's and she said "YAYY" with a happy dance.  So cute.  Dad says he's just her "slave" now...

P.P.S.  I hope when I'm home a little longer - I can find and get rid of all the funky smells!

P.P.P.S.  (If there is such a thing.....)  Found the smell, I'll spare you the details.  I guess that I need to be a bit more specific with my children about where poopie diapers go ie:  NOWHERE IN THE HOUSE!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment