Tuesday, May 31, 2011

On Being a Mother

I got my hair done Friday.  It seems like for the most part, the women I go to for hair-care are young, worldly and their "children" are normally of the canine variety.  They live with their boyfriend(s) in a home they purchased together and plan on marrying "someday."  (I'm serious, that past three women that worked on my hair are in the same situation.)

 It seems like women who can actually work on my hair without ruining it are all in the same place in life.

It gives me a kick to say that I have six kids.  It is so shocking to them.  I know I look young, but there's more to it than that...  I think they don't really come across many people with soooo many kids! (By the way, with my "so many" kids I REALLY don't know how my mother did it with eight!!  Props to her!)  I feel like I'm a missionary for motherhood.  When they ask "how do you do it?"  I say, "it's just what I do!  It's my job and I love it!"

When I call motherhood my chosen career path, they seem to "get" it, and appreciate it.

With my blog entries I've written the past few weeks, I just feel that it's important for me to say that I truly love being these kids' mom.  No matter how busy or crazy I get, I do it all because I love my family.  I am one lucky lady...

No comments:

Post a Comment