Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December Birthdays

My two oldest children were born in the month of December. Michael turned 13- a teenager a week and a half ago.  Tyler's birthday is today.  Our anniversary is also in December, December 23rd to be exact.  (What were we thinking?) 

I remember both of their Birth Days like they were yesterday.  Funny how time flies by so quickly.  I can picture myself in either one of those delivery rooms.  When you hold those tiny infants, you have no idea what kind of person they will become and in the case of Tyler and Michael, I didn't know quite what to do with them.  Babies are such mysteries.

There was someone I worked with once that told me that there\is a special bond between a mother and her sons.  I totally get it.  I just love my boys.  They are sweet, kind and good people. 

We had another Jr. High concert tonight.  The boys performed beautifully.

Tyler just LOVES to be the center of attention.  He was the emm-cee for the concert and kept the crowd entertained between numbers.  Derek and I aren't sure where he came from (although, there is a bit of an actor in him AND in some of my immediate family members, so I'm not totally caught off guard...)    Who knew, when I held that little guy for the first time that he would have such a huge personality? 

As he was hosting, he announced that he would be available after the show for autograpghs.  Well, we were gathering everyone up and guess what Tyler was doing?  Signing autographs.  He even signed someone's hand.  Seriously Tyler.....  (Ok, where DID he come from?)

 Who knew, when I held my Michael for the first time, that he would be so much like me in so many ways?  That he would not only LOVE to learn and read, but also perform and sing in front of an audience and be creative?    I get so many compliments about Michael.  He is adored by people outside our home.  Just a good kid...

I am loving getting to know my children better and better as they grow.  I love to see them really work to find their "niche" and work towards their potential.  I love that they're not afraid of almost anything!  I am so lucky to be their mother.

Happy Birthday Baby Boys!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment