Monday, December 13, 2010

A Christmas Miracle

That's what it will take for me to get all of the little projects done that I'm thinking I want to do.

Just sayin'

Okay,

I pulled out Grandma's "Peanut Butter Ball" recipe today because my goal is to get them done this week. We were blessed to live close to the Anderson Grandparents most of my childhood.  Grandma made these cookies every year and they were my absolute favorite! I feel close to Grandma when I make them - I feel like I'm passing on a family tradition by making these for family and friends.  Love you Grandma!

So here's the recipe, from Grandma A.

Peanut Butter Balls:

2 1/2 C graham cracker crumbs (or 18 double whole graham crackers)
1 pound box powder sugar (4 cups)

Stir together with:

1 12 oz. jar crunchy peanut butter (equals 1 C plus 2 tbsp.)
2 sticks melted margarine or butter

Mix together all of the ingredients and shape into balls.

In a double broiler, melt 1/2 cake of parrafin wax (Usually found with canning items)
with 12 oz. butterscotch chips or chocholate chips.

Dip peanut butter balls in mixture and place on wax paper to dry.

Makes 6 1/2 to 10 dozen, depending on the size of the cookies.

Pass them on and spread a little bit of Christmas Cheer!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment