Thursday, April 22, 2010

Strawberry Syrup

Pictures for this post will be up soon. (I hope.)

Here are my beautiful jars of strawberry syrup.  What?  You thought I was making jam?  On no, definitely not.  I was totally planning on making strawberry syrup this whole time.  I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.  So I'll share my recipe for the strawberry syrup.

Strawberries liquified in the food processor until you have four cups. 
1/4 cup lemon juice
4 cups sugar

Boil the ingredients for hours and hours and hours trying to get the mixture to thicken.  Wonder whats going on.  Add what few whole strawberries you have left in an attempt to make your strawberry sauce thicken.  Cook some more.  Fret.  Stir it a lot.  Add the one box of pectin you have into the quadrupled recipe for jam (of course, I mean syrup) to see if that will help.  Rack your brain trying to figure out where you went wrong.  Finally give up and jar your jam -oops, I mean your syrup and enjoy on pancakes instead of toast.

What can I say, that's just how things go sometimes.  By the way, don't liquify your strawberries in a food processor.  You are supposed to crush the strawberries with a potato masher until you have four cups if you want to leave out pectin.  I'm pretty sure that was my mistake.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment