Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Busy Day :)

I was so lazy today. Or I guess I could look at it like, I was really busy today catching up on sleep. I did that for a large portion of my day, but I won't admit how large of a portion.

On my way out the door I went to the outside fridge to grab a diet coke. Imagine my surprise when I found 20 pounds of strawberries sitting there. Oh, I asked for them, I just forgot about them. So I'm thinking that strawberry jam I promised Derek I would make is going to have to get done in the next 24 hours. Guess it's a good thing I was SO busy today!

I'll post my recipe for strawberry jam. I don't have a special recipe or anything, but it will be in my little "blog book" for future reference.

On another note, Michael did his parent/child conference with me to go over his writing grade. I think he made that parent child conference idea up to get my attention. ( Insert smiley here :) )

That kid is so talented! He would be embarrased if he knew I was writing this, but he wrote a short story that made me laugh. Michael's story was about a penguin who had a nightmare that he was attacked my a monster pickle with no eyes or arms but long, sharp teeth. Who comes up with that stuff?

I need to publish the whole thing on this blog. (Along with an awesome poem Tyler wrote about Bella.) Michael thought his story was sub-par, but I loved it.

And I just love my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment