Friday, May 7, 2010

Meow Mix

I also almost fed a cute little kitty to Buddy our Boxer tonight. I also traumatized my daughter for life. My intention was to introduce Buddy to the kitty so that they could live happily every after together in my back yard. Those dreams were dashed within about 60 seconds of the cat meeting the dog.

The kitty, (I believe Michael named him Meow Mix), started hissing at Buddy. Buddy made a lunge for the kitty and I nearly got my fingers dislocated hanging onto Buddy's collar and trying to calm him back down. Julianna rushed into the house with the cat hissing and clawing at her. She was devastated because naturally Meow Mix blamed Julianna for nearly becoming, well, Meow Mix. He hissed at Jules every time she came near after that and it broke Julianna's heart.

Grandma was so sweet. She helped the kitty calm down and got him to sleep and then encouraged Jules to pet him again. Good job Grandma! The idea is to reunite the cat with his mom tomorrow. I don't think we're the house for him....

No comments:

Post a Comment