Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Character Counts

I am so proud of my family!

Today, Julianna was chosen by her teacher to be the "Character Student" in his class.  Mr. Severt  said so many great things about her.  He said she is always caring of others and she helps them no matter what.  He said she turned out well even though she had four brothers beating on her all those years before she finally got her sister, Bella.  Derek and I got a kick out of that, especially since he was able to name each of our children.

Then Michael had a "sweeps" day.  He came home with awards in nearly every class.  And then not only did he win "Character Student" of his class, he also won for the school!  His teacher, Mr. Howard said to the judges that there was nothing he didn't like about Michael.  He also said to me earlier this year, "Michael is one of the best people I've ever met.  I mean, adult or child."  What an awesome thing to hear.

And I need to mention Tyler's excellent character.  When they were getting ready to announce the "Character Student" of the school, Tyler was saying, "I'm so nervous and excited, I know it's going to be Michael or Charles."  And when Michael won, Tyler was on his feet yelling "Yeah Michael!"  He kept saying over and over to Michael that he was so happy for him.

It was a great day for my little family.  Maybe sometimes, we do something right around here. I just love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment