Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! (Early)


I just have to say, since this is a book of remembrance for me, that my inspiration for my blog tonight came from the fact that it took me about twenty minutes to take this picture. Not because I was searching for the perfect background or good lighting, no. I was looking for somewhere I could set it where the flower wouldn't be in front of black bananas, dirty dishes, leftovers still on the counter, you get the point.


This is a picture of my Mother's Day gift from Joshua.  I am LOVING it!  He made and painted the clay flower pot all by himself.  He said all of the kids in the class were asking him for the purple flower because it was so pretty.  Josh insisted he keep it for me.  I just love that little guy. 

He was baptized last week.  When the meeting started, and everyone was reverent and quiet, Bishop stood up and asked Derek, "are we waiting on anyone else?"  Derek said "no" and Josh shouts out, "let's get this thing started!"  Josh is a human sparkler.

I have a cute story about Matthew today too.  He comes home from the Rattler's game (arena football) and says to me, "mom, there were girls there that were totally inappropriate."  You have to imagine this in his little six year old voice that still baby talks sometimes.  So I asked him, did they wear short skirts?  And he said "no, but I could see their belly buttons the whole time!"  I guess he talked about the inappropriate girls at the game half the drive home.  That's a little different than Tyler wanting to get a pictures and autographs with the Rattler's cheerleaders last year, isn't it? 

Funny kids, I love being a Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment