Monday, August 16, 2010

Homemade, Delicious, Even If You Don't Like Alfredo You'll LIke This Alfredo Fettucine Alfredo

I had to include the information in the title because actually, if this hadn't been served to me at a lunch I would've never tried it.  I just tweaked this recipe a little.  It is rich, delicious and NOT Weight Watchers friendly.  Make it for a Sunday dinner, but whatever you do, just make it the way I say, EXACTLY!  Don't cheat yourself and attempt it low fat, you'll be ripping yourself off.  It's an occasional,  day you're not dieting treat.  (Great for a day you're having a pity party and need some comfort food...)

It's simple and only a few ingredients long...
This is what I use to make enough for my whole family and they eat plates of it (it's that rich):

16 oz. Philly Cream Cheese  (two boxes)  I've been around the block a few times in my life with cream cheese.  Trust me, Philly is the way you need to go for this.
1 1/2 C shredded parmesean cheese
1 C butter
1 C milk
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced

Start with butter and cream cheese in sauce pan on low heat, let it soften  Add milk and parm.  When all of the cheeses are melted, add the fresh garlic cloves.  Low and slow is the key to this recipe. 

Optional Chicken Tenders

Heat equal parts olive oil and butter in a skillet (I won't tell you how much, I'll leave that up to you, but remember that you're making decadent alfredo sauce, okay?  Now you can decide...)
Add chicken tenderloins
Lightly sprinke with garlic salt  (Lightly!)
Add 1/2 to 3/4 C Bottled Italian Dressing
Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning
I can't give you specific instructions on cooking chicken.  I have mixed results.  I do find that covering the chicken for part of the time helps it stay somewhat tender.  Also for this kind of recipe, cooking it on a lower hear helps because the chicken doesn't need to brown.

Serve with garlic bread and a green salad.    (Serve the green salad if only on principle, unless you count Italian Seasoning as your vegetable.... )

I guarantee you that even if you don't like alfredo sauce, you'll like this!

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment