Thursday, August 26, 2010

FABULOUS

So I quickly have to tell you the story of fixing my blog tonight.  (While my children are all clamoring over me asking for help on their homework.)

I got the giant shot in my knee that is supposed to "really, really" help, however, for the best results I have to sit here and let the medicine work through my knee.

Perfect time to update my blog, right?  Well, I started off finding the best background from "Cutest Blog On The Block"  (to my sisters starting blogs, this is a great site).  I found a cute, maybe a little over the top blog background called "Fabulocity".  Had to have it, it's all in the name...

About three hours of frustrations later, I finally have my fabulous website.

 It's a little harder to read than I intended because I thought I'd use the new "Blogger" templates to get the job done and it kept undoing all the color and cuteness of my new background.  After an hour and a half of wrangling with this thing, I returned to the "Cutest Blog" website to try to fix what I'd done.  I picked a different background called "Sassy" because by this time, that's exactly how I was feeling.

I tried to make "Sassy" work for me, but no luck.  Instead of "Sassy" being black (like I was feeling), "Sassy" was turning out to be blue.  (I was a little blue, but black was more "appropo"....). 

Back to the "Cutest Blog" website, where lo and behold, at the top of the background page it gave me the exact directions to making their backgrounds work on a "Blogger" template. 

Ahhhhhh....  if I would only would stop to read instructions....

So here is the updated blog.  It is FABULOUS is it not?  Even if you don't think so, please please tell me it is! 

Love you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was totally worth the fuss. I noticed your blog's makeover the moment I got here andI think it is FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete