Friday, January 20, 2012

So Random....

So, Bella and I were shopping at our friendly neighborhood Walmart the other day. 

Bella treated our shopping trip like her very own little Miss America pageant.  She smiled and said hello to every person she passed (every person).  She also sang away thoughout the store when she couldn't help herself.  She was just "on."

Our checkout clerk was an friendly older gentleman and he got a huge chuckle out of Bella singing "My Darlin' Clementine."  (I have no idea where she first heard this song, maybe from Grandpa but she sings it over and over.)  He said, you know, I was a singer once, I'm sure you're not old enough to remember the "Love Boat."

What?  Me?  I assured him that not only was I old enough, but I was a die hard fan. (It was "Must see TV" at our house when I was a child. ) He said,"I sang the theme song for the show", and proceeded to belt out "The Love Boat" while he rang through my groceries.  He also threw in a few lines of My Darlin' Clementine for good measure.

How. Cool. Is. That. 

I mean, maybe he was just a random man off the street, but he sure SOUNDED exactly like the Love Boat theme singer.  No, really.  Evidently he retired and his wife wanted him to stop sitting around the house so he got this job at Walmart because he likes interacting with people.  I'm a believer... but he also said that Bella and I had pretty smiles so I guess I'm a sucker too......  Well anyway, he was SOOOOO slow ringing up our order that I'm positive that grocery checker wasn't his first career.

Hey, between the Osmond that was in our ward for two weeks and the Love Boat theme singer, Coolidge is nearly on the map, I mean c'mon!

And now I'll look for him every time I go because who wouldn't want to be serenaded at the friendly neighborhood Walmart every once in a while right?

No comments:

Post a Comment