Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sticker Shock (And a Taco Salad Recipe)

So I went to Walmart today to pick up a few ingredients I needed to make this yummy taco salad meat sauce that I'm getting ready to share, and I had a big surprise.

I needed foil, and the big box that I would normally get, are you ready?  $7.67...  Are you serious?  What is tin foil made of anyway!?  Derek said we must carry weapons grade foil at our Walmart.  Guess so....

But I digress!

Here is the Taco Salad Recipe:

2 large cans of Ranch Style Beans
(I bought a number 10 can of beans.  Once again, sticker shock.  Last time I bought those beans, they were just over a dollar a can.  This time they were closer to two.  So I decided I'd get a number ten can, pay just over four dollars and have double the beans.  I froze the rest.  Once again, I'm sidetracked...)
1 can Rotel, I use mild
1/1/2 pounds ground beef, browned.  For this recipe,  I just cover the meat with water, add garlic powder, salt and one medium onion chopped.  Then let it simmer away for about an hour.   You could just brown the meat, but it is really tasty this way.  I just add in the whole pot of beef/water after it's cooked.
One packet of Ranch Dressing
Two cloves of garlic, minced

Combine all of these ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for about four hours.

This stuff is awesome.  We usually use it for taco salad.  Have it over lettuce with cheese, sour cream, green onion, corn chips, avocado.  Just delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment