Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Just Do It!"



I taught at a RS Enrichment (Homemaking?) last week on Family Scripture Study. 

When I think of reading the scriptures with our family every day, this symbol above is what comes to mind.  I dispalyed this during the lesson.  It's just not an easy thing to do Family Scriptures every day, but you have to "Just Do It."  Perserverence, Obedience, Diligence are the words that come to my mind.  Sometimes we have really uplifting spiritual lessons and sometimes, well, we are reading two verses and being obedient. But I know that by being consistent, our family is blessed and WILL be blessed by following through with what the Lord asks us to do.  I feel that every time my children walk out the door, I am in a tug of war with "the world" and "the devil."   I know that as we study scriptures daily, we'll strengthen our children's spiritual armor. 

Tyler missed seminary a day last week - because of me. Bells had pneumoia and wasn't sleeping and I just couldn't wake up.  He got into a little bit of trouble at school that day and while I was lecturing him, he says "see mom, I didn't have my armor on today!" They know they need it, it's up to us to follow through.

Just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment