Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Year Resolutions 2011

(Or at least some really great ideas that I hope I will be able to follow through with at some point during the year...)

Read my scriptures and pray every day.  (Personal study)  This is always my number one goal every year.  (I won't record here how good I am doing it, I will only say that I am improving...)

Temple once a month (minimum, but until baby is older and the Gilbert Temple is done, I think that continues to be the most realistic.) 

Walk and do weights three days a week.  I'm thinking that is doable.  I haven't been to the gym forever and I have to start somewhere.  Went back to the "Knee DR" - again - and now I have a brace that causes me agony, but the DR assures me that it will be best for me in the long run and should improve it.  Here's hoping!
Maintain my weight is part of this.  I've decided I'm happy with it and I'm going to keep it...  Done having babies and my body is going to be as healthy as I can make it.
To have one booth at one Festival ONCE this year. I have an idea for a booth at one of our little town festivals.  I am wanting to try it out to see if it is successful.  That's a goal I'm setting for myself this year.

"Spread Sunshine" to my children every day.  Find three positive things to say to each of them personally to help them feel confident and happy.  I like to think I do this, but honestly some days are so crazy, you just don't ever know...

Prepare my Sharing Time lessons one month in advance.  The way we have things set up right now, we are each responsible for a full month of Sharing Time every three months.  I want to be more prepared so our Saturday evenings don't have to be consumed with planning and prep work every weekend that month.

Take a vacation with Derek. Alone. Child Free.  (I am turning 40 this year - this is a must happen, we haven't been anywhere together since before Bella.)

Try one new recipe or create one new recipe each month and blog about it.

Write in my blog at least twice a week. 

Follow a cleaning schedule each week.  I spent hours last week making a new chore chart for the kids.  They do chores every day but they always have "questions" about their responsibilities...  (Arguments, questions, whatever....)  Now I need to make myself a schedule and stick to it.

That's a good list, right?  I am stopping there...  Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment