Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Anniversary

So, I've been somewhat busy for an injured lady. The fact I haven't blogged has sadly been due to the location of my computer in relation to my location over the past few weeks. I guess when it comes down to it I may be a little bit of a lazy injured lady.

In my defense, my sister came and helped me put together my traditional Christmas Tamales and make pancake mixes to hand out to friends. Thank you Rachel! Love you red! :) Now if I can only get them delivered before Christmas... I AM working on it!

Just wanted to give my husband and I a pat on the back for successfully managing to stay married - mostly happily - for the past fifteen years. Up until now, I haven't been prepared to think of our anniversaries as such a big deal. You know, lots of folks stay married for 8, 9, 10 years. Fifteen years though, now that seems like something of an accomplishment.

You know how when you're little, the adults get to sit at that special table with all of the extra goodies while the "kids" are releagated to subpar seating. You all know what I'm talking about. While I now feel as though I can move up to the married "big kids" table. It feels good.

So the first fifteen years brought six kids. I wonder what kinds of fun things will happen in the next fifteen years. Isn't that when you get to start going on all of the child free fun vacations? I'll have to keep you posted.

Derek, I love you babe! And we'll keep "fighting the good fight"!

No comments:

Post a Comment