Saturday, December 5, 2009

It's Beginning Look a Lot Like Christmas...

The song is in my head, but here in southern Arizona we have to hang Christmas lights made like chili peppers on the Saguaro Cactus to get in the Holiday spirit.

I love Arizona this time of the year, the weather is truly perfect. Seventy and sunny. I try to be normal and miss snow for Christmas, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I love the sunshine too much. (Plus, we HAVE to enjoy this! Have any of you been to Phoenix in July?)

Anyway, as most folks here I am a transplant, but there are a few Southwest Christmas Traditions that I love to participate in. One is Tamales. So let me share this link that provides one of the yummiest, most thorough tamale recipes you'll ever use. (And I'll be sharing a few other of my favorite holiday recipes in the future.)

Enjoy!!

www.sonofthesouth.net

No comments:

Post a Comment