Friday, July 22, 2011

Sun Block (and a Fish Taco Recipe)

That is what I am calling my current "writer's block" going on here this summer with my blog.  We've done so many fun things this summer and I'm hoping I can go back here and write about it... I noticed I did the same thing last year.  I just get distracted playing during the summer... I turn into a kid every year when school is out!

I don't have so much to say tonight except that I haven't forgotten about my blog and I totally plan to go back and write over the next few weeks about some of our little vacations. 

I do want to write down my fish taco recipe really quick in honor of Christina who loves them.  She just had her twins, Anna and Jackson.  They are BEAUTIFUL!!  I love them and I love you Christina!  Good Job!!

Fish Tacos

Ok, so my favorite fish to use for this is "Treaures of the Sea" Breaded Flounder that you find in the Freezer section at Sam's Club. Bake according to the package.  This is the easy way (and yummy!)

However, if you accidentally buy the unbreaded flounder, (obviously this happens to me sometimes...) here is how I season it:
Use equal parts olive oil and butter in a skillet and add fish fillets.
Season fillet with garlic salt, onion powder, celery salt and BBQ seasoning.  Brown the fish on both sides and squeeze lime and lemon over the filets when they are done. 

Mix equal parts sour cream and mayonaise.  (You can use plain yogurt instead of sour cream and it actually tastes more like authentic fish tacos.)
I season this mixture with garlic salt to taste and it's ready to go.

Put fish in corn tortillas that were warmed in a skillet, and use both the cabbage salad recipe and the tomato and avacado recipe listed in this blog.  Dress with the sauce...

You won't need to go to any restaurant to get fish tacos after this, they are delicious and authentic!!

(And Christina,  I will make them for you when you get home...)

No comments:

Post a Comment