Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Big 4 - 0




It happened.

And it wasn't horrible... and the world didn't end...

And I am FORTY! 

And I had a party.

And it was AWESOME!!!

Really, Derek and my friends pulled off the greatest surprise party EVER!  He said he had to lie his face off to make it happen, but he made it happen and I get all warm and fuzzy and happy just typing it here.  My life is blessed. 

How did he pull this off?  LOTS of help from our friends and, just, he is awesome... what can I say?  Love him love him love him...

Seriously, even with the sombreros, when I walked into the cultural hall, and the lights flipped on and I saw all of my family and friends sitting there, all I could think was "this is a little piece of heaven."  Very emotional... very cool.  Definitely a "peak" in my life. 

Happiness.




No comments:

Post a Comment