Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break 2011


San Diego, March 2011

Tsunami?  No worries...  Radiation Cloud?  Who cares....  We threw caution to the wind and just went!

OK, we just can't help ourselves.  (Or really, I can't help myself and my kids are starting to catch on and my husband just spoils me...) 

I love the beach.  I love the sand, the waves, the sounds and the smells.  I was raised by the ocean, I learned to swim in the ocean and it just brings me joy to sit by the ocean.  Add in my kids that now love to get out there and "boogie board" and body surf and I think feel complete happiness.  (OK, I am constantly counting one - six heads over and over, but I'm loving it the whole time.) So any time I think we can pull it off, we go to the beach.

We haven't been to San Diego for ten years, but I have a feeling we'll be going a lot more now... It's an hour closer to my house and the traffic is SOOOOOO much easier to drive in. Derek wasn't ready to give me away by the time we got there.  (Big improvement over the drives into Orange County/L.A.  I'm lucky to still be married after some of those drives... but that's a whole other story....)

I'll post more pictures soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment