Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just a Thought

I remember this quote from a few years ago, but could never find it.  Finally came across it this morning and I want it included in my "blog journal."  It reminds me a little of an incident that happened yesterday with this poor little girl that's had some trouble with our son this year.  She came up to my car at the school yesterday, sobbing.  Mrs. Samuel, you don't hate me do you?  Of course not!  I assured her.  It literally broke my heart and really made me re-think how I am handling things.  I think today, I need to make sure that she gets a hug from me too.

I'm learning that being a mother is so complicated sometimes, (I mean, I always knew that but the older my children get I find there are lots of "layers" to mothering.).  If I can keep this quote front and center in my mind, maybe I'll be better at it and help a few other kids on my way.

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.”

No comments:

Post a Comment