Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Nightly Routine



I had an epiphany today.

Every night, while I'm doing my "nightly routine" (face wash, teeth brush, make up removal), I have this little girl glued to my side.

She pulls up her potty chair and uses it for a step stool.
NOTE:  This is the only thing her potty chair is currently used for.  Someday I'm hoping it is used for "good" and not "evil"... I digress.
She grabs whatever bottles I am using: face toner, empty lotion bottles, contact solution and she puts these items on her face just like me.  Then, she puts on my bright red lipstick that rarely sees the light of day.  (Or the dark of "date nights" for that matter.)

Most nights I call for someone, anyone to rescue me.  I mean after all when I've had the little chicka shadow me all day I figure that I should at least be able to put on my jammies and have a little "me" time in peace.  Nothing fancy here, just a few minutes.

But tonight I was pondered the situation.  I'm so thankful I've done this blog to chronicle her "growing up."  I realized that she is already growing out of  making big messes.  When she does make them, she says "sorry Mommy" and cleans them up.  I know I wanted her to grow out of that phase, but wow that was quick. 

SO, I decided that I wouldn't be in any rush for her to get past this one.  I'm going to happily accept and enjoy this addition to my nightly routine.  Maybe I'll even buy her some of her own bottles of lotions and potions to use.

What a great way to end every day... with a little red lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment