Sunday, January 10, 2010

Knit One, Pearl Two

So I am having to really work hard to stay out of a funk these last few weeks. I found out that along with my leg and arm injuries, my knee is broken. No using the leg, I am wheelchair bound.

Yesterday I made a much needed trip to the outdoor mall with my husband. I really had to get out of the house!

Outside of the embarrasing moments when:

1. I had to use the little grandma scooter thing.
2. Obviously I struggle driving any four wheel vehicles and the store scooter is not an exception.
3. When I had to move backwards and the scooter made the loud BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, and everyone looks and wonders at the nerve of the lady on the zippy scooter because my broken knee has no cast and I am not obviously broken to the untrained eye...

It was a fun day out with my husband. I was just out WAYYY too long and today I am suffering.

One of the spoils of my day was a "Learn How to Knit" kit. I learned knitting once, at the tender age of twelve. I made a hangar cover back in the day of wooden hangars. It was a brain teaser to try to get the stitches to look just so. It took practice but I was so proud when I finished that dang hanger and gave it to my dad. I'm hoping to get some sense of accomplishment by re-learning knitting. I need to feel accomplished right now... I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment